$50.00 – Sold Out
HAUNTED: HALLOWEEN '86 (The Curse of Possum Hollow)
Gray Cartridge Only
October 31st, 1986: In the once-quiet town of Possum Hollow, two 11-year old kids are gearing up for some Halloween hijinks! Before a fun-filled night of trick-or-treating Donny and Tami venture up to the old farm house where Harry, the crazy old farmer, suddenly thrusts them into a nightmare. Now trapped deep down in his dungeon on a pile of bones, they must break out and find their way back home. They will face hordes of heinous haunts, monstrous bosses and environmental hazards as they make their way through the various landscapes of Possum Hollow and fight to save their town from the curse that plagues it.
● Onslaught Survival Mode
● Donny and Tami, two adorable little bit-kickers with a stern lesson for anyone who tries to ruin Halloween.
● 7 levels of beautifully pixelated environments with hordes of unique enemies and bosses, all built to the restrictions of the Nintendo Entertainment System™.
● Tag Team Technology allowing you to swap characters on the fly.
● A killer combat system unlike anything from the era with upgradeable power moves, combos and momentum-based physics that feel entirely modern.
● Coded entirely in 6502 Assembly language down in our 8-bit laboratories. #8BitLegit
● Sizzling chiptune soundtrack composed entirely in Famitracker.
You've Been Warned...
This final edition includes the new Onslaught Mode, where the haunts of Possum Hollow test your combat and survival skills over 3 levels in a classic horde rush battle.
What's your kill count? What's your best completion time? Can you survive the Onslaught?
Hop down from a platform = Down, Down
Pick up an item = Down+B, press B again to smash it
Tag Team Technology = Select (don't forget to tag in your partner when you're becoming infected)
Uppercut/Bicycle Kick = Up+B (can carry forward momentum and can be done in the air before descending)
Double Jump = A (while in the air)
Forward Slide Attack = Down,Forward+B
Downward Dash Attack = (While in the air) Down+B or Diagonal Down+B
Charged Uppercut/Bicycle Kick = Hold Down until charged then press B (Lifts enemies with more than 4 HP into the air and then finishes them off with a second mid-air attack)
Dodge = Up, Up
Defensive Shockwave = Up,Down, A+B rapidly (while charged you are invincible) then Up+A+B to release the shockwave (optional)
You can combo most moves together like double jumping into a downward dash attack or uppercutting out of a slide attack. Keep practicing!!
Collections: Video Games
Category: #8BitLegit, 8-Bit Legit, Curse of Possum Hollow, HH86, NES, NES Homebrew, Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo Entertainment System Cartridges
Type: Video Game
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more…
Site Design by SOFTINARY